Fri, Jun 16|
Ranch Masters Classic
A 3 day trial featuring Open, Nursery, Pro Novice and Novice classes on days 1 & 2 followed by a double lift final.
Time & Location
Jun 16, 7:00 AM – Jun 18, 7:00 PM
Aetna, Aetna, AB T0K 1Y0, Canada
About the event
A 3 day trial. Days 1 & 2 will feature Open, Nursery, Pro Novice and Novice classes (2 runs each) followed by a Double Lift final.
The site of this trial has a large field and a smaller field -- numbers will determine whether we use both (running Open on the main field with the other classes on the small field), or just one.
Schedule will be as follows:
Open 1 (6:30am handlers meeting)
Pro Novice 1
Open 2 (6:30am handlers meeting)
Pro Novice 2
Double Lift Final
Our judge will be Billie Richardson and set out will be managed by Jeff DeMarni. In the event of a large amount of entries, an additional judge MAY be added to cover PN and Novice classes, as well as assist with the DL. Again though, this will only be depending on the number of entries recieved.
Volunteers will be greatly appreciated to help with a variety of tasks (scribing, course direction, runners etc.) so please don't hesitate to let me know if you would be interested in helping to make this trial a success.
TRIAL CODE OF CONDUCT
To ensure (as much as possible) this trial is a smooth, drama-free and beneficial event for all participants, staff and animals involved, the below guidelines and rules will be in effect. By purchasing a ticket, or attending this event as a spectator, please keep in mind that your consent to abide by the below is implied. In the event the below guidelines are not followed by an individual, they may be asked to leave the trial at the trial organizer's discretion.
- Other than a competitor during their run, or authorized event staff (set out/exhaust/grazers etc.), dogs are not permitted in the trial field area (on, during or after the day's competition) without the explicit permission of the trial organizers and/or event staff. The spectator and parking/trailer areas are permitted as normal.
- If a handler, or spectator, is unhappy with the decision of a judge (either during a run or subsequently in the resulting scores), they are asked to please bring it to the attention of the trial host/organizer rather than to vocalize it publicly. Either during their own run, or during the runs of others while spectating. Private conversations are one thing, but any commentary made in what should reasonably be considered a public manner or setting may be deemed in violation of this guideline at the trial organizer's discretion.
- If a run has been retired (either by the handler or the judge), has timed out, or been disqualified, that run is over and the handler is expected to exhaust their sheep (as normal) unless directed by the Course Director, Judge, or the trial Set Out/Exhaust crew. The above individuals will have full authority to ask a handler to cease attempting to exhaust the sheep and to call their dog off the field after a DQ/RT/Time expiration and it is expected their request will be acted upon, without argument, as expeditiously as possible.
- All competitors or spectators with dogs are expected to clean up their dog's waste (as much as reasonably possible) while on-site at and around the trial field. We want to be exceptional guests on this property to ensure the possibility of future opportunities to compete here.
- There will be designated areas for parking and camping -- but please be advised that you may be asked at any time to relocate your vehicle or camper elsewhere on the property by an authorized trial staff person. Please do not make these requests difficult
- At the judge's discretion, any run may be ended early (DQ or RT) for any activitities or actions that are considered excessively stressful or unneccessarily harmful to either sheep or dog. Or which is deemed to put an animal at risk -- whether that be of overheating, injury or other. In the event a handler is deemed to have put sheep or dogs at unreasonable risk of the above, whether or not an animal was ultimately harmed, they may be asked to leave the trial altogether at the trial organizers discretion.
Trial Entry (1 run per ticket)
Purchase as many tickets as runs you wish to have (max 2 runs in a class per dog)From CA$60.00 to CA$85.00Sale ended
- CA$85.00+CA$2.13 service fee
- CA$75.00+CA$1.88 service fee
- CA$60.00+CA$1.50 service fee